Updated: Dec 28, 2020
I will be leading this Go Ahead tour with my friend Jerry Bunn (we did Ireland / Scotland last year). Fun tour – book the extension, but talk to me before booking options.
Discover just how varied and wonderful Spain can be.
Within the borders of one country, uncover three distinct destinations. Barcelona, Madrid, and Seville display intriguing distinctions, from Andalusian architecture to Catalan castells. Explore Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter and Modernist landmarks, wander past Madrid’s imperial palaces, and cap off your trip in Seville, where Moorish architecture shines.
Your package includes
8 nights in handpicked hotels
3 dinners with beer or wine
4 guided sightseeing tours
Expert Tour Director & local guides
Private deluxe motor coach
2 train rides
Gaudí’s Sagrada Família and “House of Bones”, the Royal Palace, Prado Museum, Córdoba, olive oil tasting, Royal Alcázar
On this guided tour, you’ll walk for at least 1 hour daily across moderately uneven terrain, including paved roads and dirt paths, with some hills.
Overnight Flight / 1 NIGHT Mar 19: Travel day Board your overnight flight to Barcelona today.
Barcelona / 3 NIGHTS Mar 20: Arrival in Barcelona Included meals: Dinner Make yourself at home in the capital of Catalonia before meeting your Tour Director and fellow travelers at a welcome dinner.
Mar 21: Sightseeing tour of Barcelona Included meals: Breakfast Discover why the Catalan capital is touted for its unparalleled architectural landmarks, many of which are UNESCO World Heritage sites.
• Step inside La Sagrada Família, Gaudí’s famous masterwork-in-progress
• Drive along Passeig de Gràcia, past Gaudí’s “House of Bones”
• Stop at Montjuïc, where the 1992 Olympic Games took place, and take in the panoramic views at Mirador de l’Alcalde park
• Pass Plaça d’Espanya, one of the city’s most important squares, and stroll past the soaring Columbus Monument, dedicated to the legendary explorer
Enjoy a free afternoon in Barcelona or add an excursion. Park Güell & La Pedrera 4 hours
Mar 22: Free day in Barcelona Included meals: Breakfast Enjoy a full free day in Barcelona or add excursions-
Flamenco Dinner Show- 4 hours
Montserrat –4.5 hours
Madrid / 3 NIGHTS Mar 23: Transfer to Madrid Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner Journey by high-speed train to Madrid, and arrive in time for an included dinner.
Mar 24: Sightseeing tour of Madrid Included meals: Breakfast Get acquainted with Spain’s cosmopolitan capital city with the help of a local guide.
• View the Royal Palace, Spain’s largest royal residence
• Pass by the Temple of Debod, a reassembled temple from ancient Egypt
• View the city’s many squares, including Plaza de España, Plaza Mayor, and the bustling Puerta del Sol
• Explore the Prado, a world-class art museum that began as the private collection of the Spanish monarchy and is home to the works of Goya, Velásquez, and more
Enjoy a free evening in Madrid or add an excursion- Traditional Spanish Evening 3 hours Mar 25: Free day in Madrid Included meals: Breakfast Spend the day exploring Madrid on your own or add an excursion.
Toledo – 8 hours
Seville / 2 NIGHTS Mar 26: Seville via Córdoba Included meals: Breakfast Ride a high-speed train to the town of Córdoba and explore the Mezquita, a UNESCO World Heritage-protected cathedral, on a guided tour. Then, stop at an olive oil farm for a tasting before continuing on to Seville.
Mar 27: Sightseeing tour of Seville Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner Uncover the beauty of Seville, the historic Andalusian capital, on a guided sightseeing tour.
• View the tiled pavilion of the Plaza de España
• Pass the whitewashed homes of Barrio de Santa Cruz
• See the Gothic Seville Cathedral, the third largest church in the world
• Enter the Royal Alcázar, a palace that was once home to King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella
Celebrate your trip with your group members at a farewell dinner.
Mar 28: Departure Included meals: Breakfast (excluding early morning departures) Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Extension / Starting from $349 pp Costa del Sol / 2 NIGHTS Soak up the sunshine on the Costa del Sol, a stretch of fashionable towns and beaches hugging the Mediterranean. The soul of the Costa del Sol is yours to discover in out-of-the-way tapas bars, tiny fishing villages, and on glamorous beaches. Relax and enjoy two additional days in Spain and let your cares drift away on the sea breeze.
Mar 28: Costa del Sol via Ronda Included meals: Breakfast Head south to Costa del Sol, stopping to explore the famous cliffside town of Ronda with your Tour Director.
• View the staggering Puente Nuevo, an 18th-century bridge that spans a deep gorge
• Admire the town’s picturesque white buildings and enter the Plaza de Toros, which was constructed in the late 1700s
• Walk by the Mondragón Palace and visit the terraced Cuenca Gardens
Continue on to Costa del Sol.
Mar 29: Free day in Costa del Sol Included meals: Breakfast Spend the day exploring Costa del Sol at your leisure or add an excursion.
This evening, enjoy a farewell drink as you celebrate your trip with your fellow group members.
A Day in Gibraltar –8 hours
Mar 30: Departure Included meals: Breakfast (excluding early morning departures) Transfer to the Málaga airport for your flight home.
For more information or to book this tour CLICK HERE!
Please follow and like us: